Westcon utilizes industry-leading technology to support operations in the office and projects in the field. Investments in information technology (IT) infrastructure enabled Westcon to deliver seamless connections and high-level security to all users and clients.
The company understands the need for a consistent, reliable, and secure communication between the field and home office for successful project execution.
Westcon’s Corporate Office (HQ):
- The company’s headquarters is a modern facility featuring three state-of-the-art video conferencing centers.
- The facility uses 24-hour security features with electronically controlled access and limits access to the company’s information systems.
- The facility uses a fiber optic Internet connection and a backup T1 line.
Westcon’s Security and Policy:
- Cloud-based file transfer technology that utilizes SSL encryption for secure transfer of sensitive documents.
- Ability to control, monitor, and identify sensitive traffic using next generation firewall technology.
- Security policies to prevent unwanted network access.
- Mobile devices are protected through security policy requiring encryption and remote wipe capabilities.
Collaboration with Field Offices:
- Shift the line of business to cloud-driven infrastructure for the field.
- Use secure remote connectivity methods for users to maintain direct, real-time contact with the corporate office.
- Provide project-specific, effective Internet connectivity solutions for remote project locations.
- Support client’s project field offices as needed.
- Maintain up-to-date software for clients and vendors.
- Use fully-integrated ERP for accurate time-tracking and project-reporting from the field (Electronic Badging System).
- Specialize in Primavera ® P6 scheduling and project controls.
- Use Viewpoint ® as the business enterprise software system.