Westcon has served the power generation market for more than 25 years, providing a host of construction-related services for existing power plants and new builds. Westcon’s industry-leading safety culture and performance gives us the ability to deliver results.
Westcon's contracting approach allows for flexibility in construction services for a wide array of power industry leaders, including OEM's, technology providers, engineering, design and EPC firms, and owner-operators. Many of Westcon's clients in power generation use multiple methods of power generation that range from traditional coal-fired generation to renewable energy generation. Westcon envisions growing the power generation portion of the business due in part to the U.S. market demands, new builds, and retrofit projects as this industry grows.
Experience and expertise in the power generation market include:
- Boiler modifications and repair
- Equipment replacements
- Power plant maintenance and turnarounds
- Balance of plant – new and retrofit projects
- Coal handling – new and maintenance
- Coal to natural gas conversion projects
- Packaged boiler installations
- Green-field peaking plants
- New builds – single-cycle, combined-cycle, IGCC
- Waste-to-energy projects – biomass, trash, cellulosic, etc.
- Environmental projects – scrubbers, SCR’s, FGD’s, etc.
- Solar projects